Some tidbits and good info about the quarterly assessments:
1. Mastery is considered 75% on the overall test. Our class average on the Reading was 71% and our class average on the Math was 78.53%. Congratulations to those of you that are above those numbers!
2. When compared to the District, we were either the same passing percentage or higher on Reading questions 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 18, 22, and 24! We were the same or higher on Math questions 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 11! Awesome job everyone!
3. The last page has information about your child's STAR testing. We want all the children to be in the green category. If your child is in yellow or red and you do not know how s/he is getting the help s/he needs, please contact me and I will be happy to discuss this with you.
4. The Reading test has the DIBELS score on the last page. This is your child's Oral Reading Fluency (words read correctly in 1 minute). The goal right now 100 words per minute. The end of the year goal is 111 words per minute. Again, we want your child to be in the green category.
5. The Math test includes scores for an addition fact fluency test and a subtraction fact fluency test. This test was given with a 1 minute timing. Your child was taught how to "skip" problems and answer the ones that were known. This is a strategy that could increase the number of problems completed on this test. The goal was 20 problems correct. The end of the year goal is 25 problems correct. Our persistence with the MMF and the addition of Khan Academy and Math Facts Pro is paying off. We were significantly higher in these areas on the quarterly assessment than the rest of the district. YAHOO!
Some things that we are starting this second half of the year include more intense reading fluency practice with a program called READ NATURALLY, a math intervention group 2x a week with parent volunteers, an extra reading intervention group with the Literacy team, 5 smaller reading groups in class, Fusion all day on Thursdays.... There are so many great things, I can't think of them all! I am working extremely hard to get your child everything that s/he needs. I am using testing data and observations to decide what each child needs and I am using the support of my RTI team. If you have any questions about things, please don't hesitate to ask! I will do my best to get answers for you in as timely a manner as I can! Thank you for being so supportive and wonderful!